If you’re tired of arguing with elevator technicians who send you away for parts you most likely haven’t chosen the most reliable elevator service company for your building. Most top elevator companies have limited resources, design expertise, and workmen. But a good elevator service is one that doesn’t cut back on its promises.
From design and engineering to cladding and metal refinishing, a trustworthy vendor has the resources to service and repair every still and moving part of your elevator. Not choosing the right one can put your building safety in jeopardy and hurt the value of your office and residential spaces. Not to mention the lawsuits that facility managers can expose themselves to if elevators fail at crucial junctures. This article provides you the tips you need to choose an elevator service that you can trust blindly without putting in extra effort to check what each of their servicemen are doing.
1. Knowledge About the Elevator Industry: The elevator market is dominated by just a few players – Otis, Schindler, Thyssenkrupp, Mitsubishi Electric, and Kone elevators. Each has its own proprietary technologies and features that can work differently for different types of buildings. Not only should your elevator maintenance company be aware of these differences, they should be able to advise you about the kind of elevators that would most suit your building. Suitability isn’t just about aesthetics, it should also be about functionality and how easily you can upgrade features as and when you need them. In other words there should be a decent amount of customizability in design alternatives.
2. Explore Previous Works & Ask Competitors: A company with a good reputation is one that has good relations with vendors, facility exchanges, and building managers. Don’t just go by what colorful websites claim to have done. Also check independent customer platforms for genuine feedback. Ask your parts vendors and maintenance community for recommendations. Of course, a company that has performed contracts for well-known buildings will be more likely to be worthy of your trust.
3. Customizability: Check out how your maintenance provider’s services are broken down and priced. The more flexibility that they allow in their contracts and offers, the more chances there are that they have planned meticulously for eventualities that affect you. Elevator cab companies offer maximum customization.
4. Can your Elevator Service Company Design and Replace Parts Themselves: This is a very important question to ask your service provider. Nuts and bolts, and proprietary parts from major manufacturers is often sold in-the-box. While you don’t have much room to wiggle here, you do have the choice of experienced advice about when to replace parts and which alternatives can work equally well. Make sure that your elevator service openly shares such information with you.
5. Look for a Company that can Design & Repair Elevator Cab Interiors as well: An elevator service that has the competence to design and deploy elevator wall panels, fixtures, vents, lights, rails and control panels, is more likely to provide you expert services.
Premier Elevator Cabs designs structures that are perfectly modern, functional, modular, and flexible. We give you premium quality elevator services at economical rates that create powerful new signatures for commercial and public buildings across Maryland, Virginia, Denver, and Washington DC. Have a question? Ask for a FREE consultation.